Mon 17th Feb – Sun 23rd Feb
A special prayer diary this week for Holiday Club
Half Term Holiday Club is one of those things that we do as a church that couldn’t happen without the support of the whole church family. Not everyone is able to be there for the week – but many help in many ways before, during and after the club. Thank you so much! And all can be part of the team effort by praying each day for what is going on…
MONDAY 17th - Holiday Club - 1st Day
Pray for the children, especially those that are coming for the first time.
Pray for the leaders as they meet and greet the children in their groups.
Also, pray for the afternoon tea for Soup Run clients this afternoon (2-4pm).
TUESDAY 18th - Holiday Club - 2nd Day
Pray for the teenage helpers at Hol Club - and for Hannah who coordinates.
Pray for open hearts and good listening, especially during the Bible stories.
ALSO, please keep on praying for a Great Awakening in Great Clacton.
Pray for the children, leaders and for safety on the last day of Holiday Club
Pray that the children will have learnt lots from the bible, and remember it.
ALSO, pray for our Wed Worshippers - today at 11am.
Please pray for the children who come to Holiday Club - for fond memories.
ALSO, Persecuted Church: Afghanistan – It is illegal to leave Islam and become Christian. Please pray.
Pray for families to plan to come to the Hol Club Service on Sun (St Mark’s).
Thank God for our team: all who’ve helped set up, organise & run the club.
ALSO, pray about our plans to celebrate St John’s 900th birthday this year.
Pray for all preparing for the Holiday Club Service tomorrow (St Mark’s).
Pray for Hannah as she meets many of the Holiday Club children in schools.
ALSO, pray about the plans for the development of St. John’s - for wisdom.
This prayer diary is once again written by Guy, who comments: -
In these days of immense moral and spiritual confusion, how much do we all need to know the truth – especially the truth of God in Christ.
This fortnight, our verses about truth are drawn from St. John’s Gospel.
‘The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.’ (John 1: 14)
Our Lord Jesus is full of grace and truth.
“Lord Jesus, fill me today, I pray, with your grace and your truth.”
· Please continue to pray for Bethany Bereavement - and for all who attend.
· Please pray for Catherine Porter working in Japan - pray that as she gives harp concerts she would also be able to share the good news with the audience.
‘For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.’ (John 1: 17)
St. John sees that, in Jesus, One greater even than Moses has come into the world - and He has brought grace and truth in all their fullness.
“Lord Jesus, help me to understand your greatness, and fill me with your grace and truth.”
· Pray for Stewsdays and our Pancake party, both in St. Mark’s Church today.
· Pray for Hannah as she prepares to work with the year 5s in the church school this term - she will be taking class assemblies and RE lessons for them.
WEDNESDAY 26th - Ash Wednesday
‘But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God.’ (John 3: 21)
“Lord Jesus, may I be so filled with your grace and truth that others may seek after your truth and thus come into the light.”
· Pray for our Ash Wed services - at Wed Worshippers & in St. John’s at 6.30pm
· Pray for a Great Awakening - this Ash Wednesday pray for true repentance in hearts, minds and lives, here in Great Clacton.
‘A time is coming when the true worshippers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshippers the Father seeks.’ (John 4:23)
“Lord Jesus, may my worship, and the worship of the fellowship to which I
belong, be worship which is in spirit and in truth -and may all our worship be acceptable in your sight.”
· Pray for Together Again, meeting in the Hall - pray for new people to come.
· Persecuted Church: Somalia - Pray against Al Shabab who want to rid the country of Christians and will kill to further this aim.
‘You have sent to John and he has testified to the truth.’ (John 5: 33)
John the Baptist, was so filled with Jesus’ grace and truth that he burned as a lamp to God’s glory.
“Lord Jesus, may we all, members of this society, so burn with your truth that many may be drawn to your light.’
· Pray for our church office today, and for all who work there each week.
· Please pray for Roni (from CAP) as she meets with new clients in our area.
‘If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.’ (John 8: 31, 32)
“Lord Jesus, as I read your Word day by day, so may I come to understand your teaching, know your truth and be set free by it.”
· Pray for our Coffee morning - for many people to pop in during the morning.
· Local churches: pray for enough leaders for the children’s work at St Paul’s.
SUNDAY 1st March
‘you are determined to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God.’ (John 8: 40)
Many people in our land today don’t wish to hear the truth, which is from God.
“Lord Jesus, give me great wisdom to know what to say to those who are opposed to your truth.”
· Please pray for Tea Time Church today - for new people to come along.
· Pray for Phill’s new online ministry - that many would visit his website.
‘He (the devil) was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for the truth was not in him.’ (John 8: 44)
“Lord Jesus, today I pray against any and all the forces of darkness in our land which do not hold to the truth and which, indeed, seek to murder it.
I pray for all those who take a public stand for truth against this darkness. Give them hope that they will surely, one day, prevail.”
· Please pray for the St John’s work morning - for a good crowd of workers and for lots of progress to be made inside and out.
· Please pray for Gift, Kathryn and the boys in Uganda. Pray for the work on their house to be finished soon - they are still waiting for the kitchen to be finished, and wardrobes, etc to be fitted.
‘Yet because I tell you the truth, you do not believe me!’ (John 8: 45)
“Lord Jesus, today I pray for any in our society who are discouraged by the numbers of people who refuse to believe the truth. Encourage them, and give them hope that, surely, one day the tide will turn and many will come to faith in you.”
· Please pray for Anita, working in our church office - part of her job is to meet with wedding couples to help them plan for their special day. Pray that we would show them your love as they visit our church.
· Give thanks for all the chances that we have to visit local schools. Please pray that these opportunities would continue into the future.
‘If I am telling the truth, why do you not believe me?’ (John 8: 46)
The people did not believe because they did not belong to God.
“Lord, fill me with your grace and truth. May those I meet see you in me; may they long to belong to you and come to know the truth themselves.”
· Pray for Wednesday Worshippers as they continue with their Lent series.
· Great Awakening: pray that this Lent many people in our community would realise their need for forgiveness and turn to Lord.
‘I am the Way and the Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through me.’ (John 14: 6)
“Help us all Lord Jesus, members of this Society, to walk in your Way, to know your Truth and to live your Life.”
· Pray for the first of our Lent Meetings tonight - looking at Philippians.
· Persecuted Church: Libya - Pray for Open Doors work in N Africa and that believers will find a way to share the good news of the Gospel
‘When the Counsellor comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father, he will testify about me.’ (John 15: 26)
“Lord Jesus, send out the Counsellor, the Spirit of truth, to testify to you - may many in our nation turn and return to you in penitence and faith.’
· Pray for a warm welcome for all who visit the Frydays Café today.
· Pray for the Legerton Drive area of the parish - for fresh opportunities.
‘But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counsellor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you.’ (John 16: 7)
Many truths are uncomfortable, difficult to hear and difficult to accept.
‘Lord Jesus, help us to accept especially your difficult truths. Help us to accept by faith, in the sure knowledge that one day we will understand.’
· Pray for all who are preparing for our Sunday services - in many ways.
· Local churches: pray for Laurie, our Area Dean: he helps us work together.
‘When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all truth.’ (Jn 16:13)
“Lead us, Lord, into all truth. Open our minds to receive your truth; open our mouths to proclaim it; and open our lives to live it out, day by day.’
· Pray for Afternoon Church - that some families will become regulars.
· Pray for our children’s and young people’s groups meeting each Sunday.